Thursday, December 19, 2013

New Studio/ New Track of Work...

Estuary/ Ocean / Islands and Sky, Acrylic on Canvas 3x6
Wow. These past 4 months have been filled with moving, setting up a new Studio and just moving forward on many levels. Yay!
My new series is inspired by some of my favorite Contemporary Artists. Rothko, Diebenkorn, Hopper & Mondrian to name a few. Their unique sense of color and how they view the world interests me tremendously.
I have been working on this series for the past year and thinking about it in broader strokes for several years. It was so exciting to paint two in the series.
I am calling this track of work "Color Blocking".
A Contemporary look at the Natural world. The Sea and Estuaries, so far. Mountains and Birches are on my radar moving forward.
A life change can be some powerful mojo!

Marsh & Sky, Acrylic on Canvas 2x4




No comments: